The McDonald’s Ballarat FNL is pleased to release the final senior fixture for the upcoming 2018 McDonald’s Ballarat Football and Netball season.
The season will commence on Saturday 14st April 2018 with a feature opening game under lights at Marty Busch Reserve where Sebastopol will host North Ballarat City in a round one match brought forward.
The season proper will commence on Saturday 21st April 2018 with the grand final replay as Bacchus Marsh host Darley.
All clubs will play an 18 round season to conclude with the McDonald’s Ballarat Athletic Club Brewery Grand Final to again be held at MARS Stadium on Saturday 22nd September 2018.
The fixture has been finalised after a round of consultation with clubs and we are pleased to be able to accommodate 80 percent of club requests for their individual circumstances,
McDonald’s Ballarat FNL Operations Manager Shane Anwyl says.
Highlights of the 2018 fixture include:
- Round one grand final rematch between Darley and Bacchus Marsh
- Darley to unveil their senior premiership flag against Melton in round two.
- Seven night matches in the first four rounds
- Redan’s first home game at the refurbished City Oval to take place in round three.
- Theme rounds throughout the season which will be announced through 2018.
- The McDonald’s Ballarat FNL will take on Goulburn Valley FNL in the Worksafe Community Championship at the MCG on Saturday 19th May 2018.